Jan. 21, 2020, 2:39 a.m.

Recent Match Reports

Hempnall v AC Mill Lane Ang. Comb. D3 11/01/2020 Read Article »

Hempnall v Castle Acre Swifts Ang. Comb. D3 04/01/2020 Read Article »

Hempnall Reserves v Hockering Reserves Central & South D3 14/12/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall Reserves v Litcham Youth Club Central & South D3 07/12/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall Reserves v Narborough Reserves Central & South D3 30/11/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall v Gt Yarmouth Town Res Ang. Comb. D3 23/11/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall v South Walsham Ang. Comb. D3 16/11/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall Reserves v Rockland United Reserves Central & South D3 09/11/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall v Snettishham Ang. Comb. D3 19/10/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall v Poringland Wands Ang. Comb. D3 21/09/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall Reserves v Hockering Reserves Central & South D3 07/09/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall v Freethorpe Ang. Comb. D3 07/09/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall v Norwich CEYMS Res Ang. Comb. D3 31/08/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall v Long Stratton Res Ang. Comb. D3 14/08/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall v Long Stratton Res Anglian Comb. D3 06/04/2019 Read Article »

Hempnall Reserves v Necton Res

Tom Radford (Reserve Team Manager)
Report By Tom Radford (Reserve Team Manager)

Saturday, 30th March 2019, 3PM, at Necton Playing Field

Away Match, Central & South Norfolk League Division 4 - 2018 - 2019

Win, 5 - 1

Today we travelled away to Necton knowing that we need to win the last two games to secure our position for promotion.


After losing the last couple of games we introduced the new assistant manager, Michael Cullabine, and had a good long chat with the lads in the changing room, with everyone getting everything off their chests.


I've never seen a changing room so lively, which is just what we needed.


We went out with our heads held high. We welcomed Jack Thompson back down from the first team to strengthen the side.


From the off, we were straight in, pressing them.


10 minutes in, Necton played a long ball over the top and their striker took a long distance shot, managing to lob our keeper, and we were 1-0 down.


I knew this wasn't over for us, we started performing better than we ever have before, playing some quality football all round, with plenty of chat and constantly encouraging each other.


With the back 4 of Amini, Bradley, Radford and Simon Cullabine looking solid, playing from the back led to our first goal, Lewis Cummins picking up the ball in the middle of the park, playing it to Danny Cullabine on the right wing, he made a long run, and showing us all what he could really do, he went for goal; it paid off, he finished beautifully to make it 1-1 before half time.


We carried on pressing every ball, playing some great balls through to Jack Parnell and Ryan Cullabine.but despite plenty of chances, we couldn’t put them away.


The half time whistle went, our half time chat was positive, everyone was on a high as it was the best performance of the season.


We started the second half pressurising Necton from the first whistle, with great football being played in the middle of the park between Jack Thompson and Lewis Cummins, the ball was passed to Daniel Mann, his cross to Jack Parnell was taken on using his pace and quality footwork he went at the back four to finish with a lovely strike to make it 2-1.


Necton were pressing us attempting to get back back into the game, but our back four and Peter Bailey, the keeper, weren’t going too let that happen – despite well timed tackles and good covering, Necton got through a couple of times, but Peter bailey was there to stop them with some quality saves.


After a short period, we then went on the attack again, and Daniel Mann on the left wing then had his chance to shine; with his fancy little bit of foot work taking it all the way into the 18 yard box another great finish made it 3-1.


It was hard for us at times, as the pitch was rock solid and quite uneven in places making the ball bobble about a bit, and a challenge on Danny Cullabine caused his leg to tighten up, so we then decided to make the change as couldn't risk him being out for out final game.

The ever dependable Russ Tupper came onto the wing, he caused them some hassle with his runs even tho he is old…. Haha.


Simon Cullabine was doing a great job as captain with some good chat.

Another good move saw us play the ball from defence into the middle of the park, where the lads were played some really classy football, a pass to Ryan Cullabine saw him again go for a little burst through their back four, firing it into the back of the net to make it 4-1.


With everyone's heads so high and buzzing, we went for more and with 15 minutes left to play, Daniel Mann played some great 1-2 football with the lads in centre midfield, passed to Jack Parnell to slot away for his second and Hempnall’s fifth goal.


The final whistle went and seeing how happy the lads were was incredible, with everyone knowing they gave all they could today and the result came our way.


I honestly can’t pick a mom for today because everyone had a quality game so I'm giving it to everyone….well done lads, it's the 3 points we really needed.